Car Insurance FAQ

General Questions

Questions & Answers

What is the ILIVS Illinois Insurance Verification System?

ILIVS is a new State program that aims to crack down on uninsured motorists by requiring all drivers to verify their insurance. Learn more.

back to top

When will I get my proof of insurance?

You will be provided with proof of insurance immediately!

back to top

What types of payments do you accept?

We accept all payment types including Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, and Western Union Quick Collect. We can even take your personal check over the phone.

Call 773.202.5000 for convenient payment options!

For help with "Western Union" or "Check By Phone" payment options, click on the logo.

back to top

What is SR-22 and will I need it?

SR-22 is a financial responsibility certificate that is filed with the Secretary of State's office. It is usually ordered by a judge because you have been found to be driving without insurance, driving under the influence, your driver's license is suspended/expired/ revoked, or your license plates are expired. Or you may receive a notice of suspension from the Secretary of State's office stating that if you don't file for an SR-22 by a certain date your driver's license will be suspended. The certificate notifies the State of Illinois that you have liability insurance and if your coverage is cancelled or expires. You may be required to carry the filing for one to three years. Learn more about SR-22 Insurance.

back to top

Who needs to be listed on my policy?

Anyone listed on the title or loan of the vehicle(s) and all household members aged 15 and older.

back to top

Why does the owner of the car need to be listed on my policy?

The owner or co-signer of any vehicle is financially responsible for any accident or damage to persons or property that may be caused by the vehicle even if THEY DON'T DRIVE OR HAVE A LICENSE.

back to top

What is an exclusion form and why do I need to sign it?

An exclusion form is a statement that one or more persons in your household and/or the owner/co-signer of the car will not be driving your vehicle. Most likely it will be your spouse, if he/she is not a licensed driver but qualifies you for the discounted married rate.

back to top

What is a non-business form and why do I need to sign it?

A non-business form simply states that you do not use your vehicle for any type of delivery, business, commercial, or artisan-type occupations; that it is not titled or leased to a business, corporation, or partnership; nor is it used to pick up or deliver goods. All people who are business owners, self-employed, or tradespersons will be required to sign this form if applying for a personal auto policy.

back to top

What does the term 'business use' mean?

This classification means that you use your car for business purposes (such as sales, service, and delivery calls) or work-related errands (like trips to the bank or post office), and other work-related driving. Commuting to and from work is not considered business use.

back to top

What factors affect my insurance rate?

  • Gender
  • Age
  • Marital Status
  • Driving Record
  • Type of Vehicle

back to top

How do I file a claim?

To file a claim, you must contact your insurance provider directly. If you are not sure who your provider is, please contact our office for the proper information.

back to top