SR-22 Insurance Quotes
- Instant Coverage & Proof of Insurance Today
- Electronically Filed with the Illinois Secretary of State
- Sr-22 Insurance For All Drivers
- Non-Owner Policies Available
- 24/7 Roadside Assistance Available
- A Better Business Bureau A+ Rated Insurance Agency With Over 35+ Years of Experience
What is an SR-22?
Often referred to as “SR-22 Insurance”, an SR-22 is often required for drivers that have had their driver’s licenses suspended due to:
- DUI / DWI convictions
- Multiple traffic offenses
- Driving without insurance
- License plates being expired
- A high number of points on a driving record
An SR-22 is a certificate of financial responsibility that is filed with the Illinois Secretary of State’s office.
The SR-22 certificate notifies the Illinois Secretary of State that you have a minimum of liability insurance and have met the State’s minimum insurance requirements. You may receive a notice of suspension from the Secretary of State's office stating that if you don't file for an SR-22 by a certain date, your driver's license will be suspended. Don't be alarmed. Drivers throughout Illinois have obtained their SR-22 coverage through United Auto Insurance from such cities including Chicago, Joliet, Waukegan, and Bolingbrook. Contact United Auto Insurance to get cheap SR22 insurance in Illinois.
United Auto Insurance offers same-day auto insurance. The certificate notifies the State of Illinois that you have liability coverage and if your coverage is canceled or expires.
As this can be a confusing process, we provided some answers to frequently asked questions regarding SR-22 Insurance. If you need a quote for your SR-22, please get a free quote.
Get An SR-22 Quote Now!
Common SR-22 Questions
How long do I need an SR-22?
In Illinois, SR-22s are generally required for a minimum of 3 years, but this will depend on your driving record at the time the State requires an SR-22. It’s important to check your paperwork and confirm the length of time with the Secretary of State.
How Do I Get An SR-22?
Now that you understand why you may need an SR-22, here are the steps to obtain an SR-22 or a SR-22 Financial Responsibility Insurance certificate. You’ll notice, you can’t file an SR-22 on your own and that’s why United Auto Insurance’s team is happy to help through this process.
- Contact United Auto Insurance – We are an authorized insurance agency that can write you an SR-22 insurance certificate and submit to the Secretary of State. Also, we will make sure that you have an up to date car insurance policy to go along with the SR-22. Get the lowest price and Get a free SR-22 insurance quote now.
- Agent Submits the Request for SR-22 – Sent directly to the Illinois Secretary of State office and can take up to 30 days to process.
- Receive a Copy of the SR-22 and Letter from Illinois Secretary of State – Now that you have your SR-22, be sure to keep that and your insurance policy with you at all times when driving.
How much does an SR-22 cost?
At UAI, there is not an additional cost for your Illinois SR22 filing. However, you must first purchase Liability or Full Coverage insurance and the cost will depend on your age, driving record, type of vehicle, and additional insurance factors. Be sure to contact United Auto Insurance for a quote on the lowest rate.
Will my insurance rates go up?
Prices for coverage are based on past driving history and other insurance factors. For an SR-22 quote, get a free quote now.
United Auto Insurance is the car insurance company here to help you with your auto insurance needs. Give us a call at 773-202-5000 or get a free quote today.
What Happens After The SR-22 Time Period?
After all obligations are met, the SR-22 status will be removed. At that time, it will be important to revisit your insurance with United Auto Insurance and make sure that you continue to stay covered. Our team is committed to helping you keep your driver status intact and stay in good standing moving forward.
United Auto Insurance is here for you in the event that you need an SR-22 certificate and insurance policy. Bad things can happen to good people, so we know that having the right team on your side to help you clear up any mistakes is important. The best way to deal with an SR-22 requirement is to contact us sooner rather than later to avoid any higher risks and know that you are covered. For more information and to get started with United Auto Insurance on the process, contact our customer service team or get a free sr22 insurance quote online today.
This information is meant for educational purposes and is not intended to replace information obtained through the quoting process. This information may change as insurance policies and coverage change.